We need someone who has at least 2-4 years of experience in graphic and print design with some mad creative design skills. At The Greenhouse Studio, mobility, flexibility and trust is a huge part of our creative culture. Wow us with your versatile design work across various mediums and we’ll ensure your creative genius remains alive and on fire! The perks of working with us includes getting a Macbook Pro, a Skillshare subscription (skillshare.com) to hone your creative skills on our Creative Fridays, flexible hours and lots of tea and strong coffee.
You will find the full job description below. To find out more on what it’s like to work for The Greenhouse Studio, click here.
Email your CV and Portfolio to [email protected]
DEADLINE OF APPLICATIONS: 19 February 2018, Monday.
Visual Designers compose creative work and find solutions through typography, iconography, colour, space, texture, layout, copy and communications with user-centred design principles in mind. Visual Designers should not only understand the needs of the target audiences and users, they should also listen to our clients very carefully. We believe that all of our creative solutions should be exploratory, authentic, strategic, innovative, engaging, compelling, conceptually intelligent, visually stunning and inspire positive change and growth. These are the ideals we aim for from concept to execution, across many platforms whether they be on print, web, multimedia or any other channel.
Typical work activities
Tasks typically involve:
- Interpreting the client’s business needs;
- Understanding the target audiences’ and users’ needs;
- Preparing work to be accomplished by doing research, gathering and synthesizing key information;
- Conceptualizing by studying information and materials;
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data to clarify design issues;
- Creating and submitting reverse briefs after verbal instructions and meetings;
- Organising daily and weekly priorities by sending through a daily to-do list based on project schedules and deadlines
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas;
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief and meet the constraints of cost, time and client;
- Using a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided design;
- Illustrating concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts;
- Obtaining approval of concepts by submitting rough layouts, comps or mocks for approval;
- Checking all details are not missed in terms of instructions, requested changes and the like. Details are very important in this line of work.
- Preparing finished copy and art;
- Ensuring the continuous operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements;
- Producing accurate and high quality work;
- Maintaining impeccable design judgment, and being able to clearly articulate his or her design rationale;
- Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
- Keeping abreast of developments in IT, design, and art;
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Excellent time management skills in order to create high-quality work within tight timeframes and deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills. This is needed especially when working closely with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Understanding of and experience in branding, layout, colour theory, usability and typography in different types of media
- Understanding of marketing, advertising and communication aspects would be ideal
- Fluency in current design practices and production software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign et al.
- Solid understanding of client deliverables, and the ability to take responsibility for them.
- Strong design style and conceptual skills
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction