The Finance Officer (FO) is responsible for maintaining day to day and the overall financial and administrative support to the Sales and Finance Manager, and the Managing Director, to ensure organisational effectiveness and efficiency. The FAO are tasked with developing budgets, monitoring transactions, and preparing financial reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate transaction records, coding and posting invoices to correct business units
- Using Xero as the Studio’s banking system, to update all chart of accounts
- Petty cash recording and reconciliation
- Monitor all bank transactions, cash receipts and perform reconciliations
- Credit card weekly reconciliation.
- Accounts receivable.
- Accounts Payable.
- Assist with month-end reports.
- End of month stock control and spot check.
- VAT Refund processing.
- Processing of various month end journals
- Assisting with the FBT process
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Overseeing Finance interns
Administration and Other Tasks:
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain contracts between customers/suppliers with the review and renegotiation.
- Assisting with preparation of reports to Directors
- Assisting with automation of various administration process
- Provide assistance to the Finance Manager and the Managing Director as required
- Support with other duties as and when required
- Demonstrate attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management, stress management and organisational skills are vital to this role
- Good computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheet and word processing programs
- Flexible during times of change
- Have good people skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be honest, respectful and trustworthy
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Professional appearance and persona
- Ensure that all financial details or studio matters are to be kept confidential.
DEADLINE OF APPLICATIONS: 25 August 2022, THURSDAY